Plz reply before 72 hrs are over

I am a medical resident who works in a hospice floor. 20 hrs ago, one of my hospice patients(HIV on HAART till 8/5/11 last CD4 291) was found to be non responsive. I went to check on him and I was in hurry(as I had another deteriorated pt) so I didn't wear gloves and I checked his radial and carotid pulse the I opened his eyes with my hands in order to do corneal reflex on him using a peace of gauze. After I checked both eyes, I was holding that piece of gauze in my hand for 3 minutes then I threw it out. I had a 2 mm scale on my hand that was holding the gauze but no cracks, fissures or cuts. Also, i touched my cheek which pimple on it before putting alcohol on my hand(it was stupid involuntary movement). Is it possible for the virus to go from his conjuctivae to my hand through the gauze that I was holding(I kept the gauze in my hand for a few minutes as I was pronouncing the death). Our occupational health said this is a non significant exposure and neither PEP nor testing or warranted but I trust you way more than them. Please help.

Med resident

Hello, Med. Resident.

I concur with your occupational health team's assessment of your HIV-acquisition risk: "a nonsignificant exposure and neither PEP nor testing is warranted."

How much AIDS blood does it take to get infected?
Toilet and HIV? (BACKSPLASH, 2011)