Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Rhyming Question, hope it gets your attention!!!!!!!!
Aug 9, 2011

Hi Dr. Bob, how are you today? I hope you're doing okay. Please forgive me if my question sounds cliche, but bear with what I have to say.

I don't know why but on the 27th of July I decided to give a prostitute a try. Now this prostitute was pretty cute and showed up to my door in a skirt and boots. Foreplay included fingering but I did not kiss - I did this to reduce the risk. I swear my fingers did not have any open cuts or tears.

I wore a condom and she sucked me off, but now I'm worried because I have a little cough. We had protected vaginal sex twice, even though it was nice.. I'm wondering if I paid the price?

After coming home, I noticed a little cut on my foreskin and this put me in a scare..I don't if it was there before or after the time we shared.

As I sit here stressed, I ask you Dr. Bob.. should I get checked?

Thanks, Mr. Rhyme

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hey, Mr. Rhyme.

So, how long did it take you to concoct your question? I considered answering back in limerick form, but decided it would take too long. However, the opening line would have been: "There once was a dude from Nantucket."

Regarding your sexperience, your HIV-acquisition risk would be essentially nonexistent, assuming the latex condoms were used properly and did not fail (break) and the skin on your fingering fingers was intact. The little cut on Mr. Happy's foreskin would not be a problem if he was wearing his raincoat before diving into action.

The only reason to consider HIV testing would be to gain psychological peace of mind. If you decide to test, wait at least until the three-month mark.

Now let's see, what rhymes with "be well and stay well"?

How about "farewell"?

Dr. Bob

Previous
RE: Possibility of transmission to others while on PEP
Next
Exposure to Blood on Paper Towels

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.