Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

HIV poz entry ban: REALLY WORRIED!!!
Aug 8, 2011

Hi doc, I don't have anything against USA, but i am really troubled right now because i may have to go to US for job reasons for about 2-3 months, however even after reading everywhere that HIV entry ban is now lifted, in my country's USA embassy website says exaclty the opposite, in fact it's the first cause in the list of visa denial. Even if i don't have to declare it as a public health-communicable disease in the form according to current CDC's policy, they will immediately know when they find my meds in my hand-baggage. I would really love to have the chance to visit your country, but i dont want that because of trying it, i may be arrested or my status be revealed at my workplace. Please give me your advice about proceeding or not with the visa application before i make a horrible mistake again!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi.

Your country's USA embassy Web site still states there is as travel ban for HIVers visiting the USA? Really? I'm not sure in which country you, but someone needs to update that information! I'd suggest you put in an anonymous call to the USA Embassy asking about travel restrictions. You don't have to give your name or any personal information. Just tell them what you saw on their Web site and remind them that Obama lifted the travel ban in January 2010. See link below.

Dr. Bob

Travelling to the USA with HIV Mar 11, 2010

Previous
Hepatitis A and B Test Results
Next
Acute HIV symptom

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.