HIV Transmission via broken blisters
Aug 5, 2011
I'm HIV+. Sometimes when I work in the yard, I get blisters on my hands that eventually break. Does the clear fluit that can seep from the exposed tissue be capable of transmitting HIV?
Thanks for your answer; I want to make sure I protect others such as when shacking hands, etc.
Response from Dr. Frascino
HIV is not transmitted via blister fluid. See link below.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Get HIV From Eating Food Made By Someone With HIV?
- Do People Catch HIV From Insertive Oral Sex?
- Odds Of Getting AIDS Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation
- Do White Bumps On Penis Mean I Have AIDS?
- Does HIV Cause Dry Mouth?
- Black Spots After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.