hiv transmission

after one month of my marriage i went for a test & was tested +tive.i had 3 to 4 time unproce. sex with my wife.now am confused is she infested with hiv because of me or she already had hiv.i can not revel my hiv status to her nor ask her to test her onself.

Hello.

From the information provided there is no way I can discern if you contracted HIV from your wife or possibly transmitted HIV to her. Likewise I have no way of knowing if you or your wife were HIV infected prior to your marriage. All we know so far is that you have a recent positive HIV test.

I don't understand your comment that you cannot reveal your HIV status to your wife or ask her to get HIV tested. Why not? It's unconscionable not to disclose your HIV status to your wife. If indeed you have been confirmed to be HIV infected, your wife needs to be tested, because you have been having unprotected sex with her.

You need to establish care with an HIV specialist physician without delay. You will need a complete evaluation and ongoing management. Your wife will need HIV testing. If positive, she, too, will need evaluation and care from an HIV specialist physician. If she tests HIV-antibody negative, she'll need follow-up HIV-antibody tests at the three- and six-month marks from the date of last exposure (unprotected sex). You will need to use latex condoms for all penetrative sex. No matter who may have infected whom, the important thing is to identify exactly who is infected now and get them into care as soon as possible.

I'd advise you spend some time reviewing the wealth of information on this site. Begin with the "Just Diagnosed Resource Center" that can be easily accessed on The Body's homepage.

Good luck to you and your wife.

Fasting Month for Muslim (FASTING FOR RAMADAN AND TAKING ANTIRETROVIRALS, 2011)
HIV Transmission via broken blisters