|HPV Vaccine & Anal Cancer (HPV VACCINATION IN HIV POSITIVE ADULT MALES, 2011)
Aug 4, 2011
I'm a 45 year old male who has been on Atripla for about four year now. I will like to know if a HPV vaccine prevent me developing anal cancer?
| Response from Dr. Frascino
Definitive studies are underway assessing the safety and efficacy of Gardasil in poz men. See link below. You can discuss whether Gardasil would be appropriate for you with your HIV physician specialist.
Questions we are still evaluating include:
1. Does the response to Gardasil vaccination vary with CD4 count and/or use of antiretrovirals?
2. Does Gardasil provide immunological protection in male HIVers naive to the HPV types in the vaccine?
3. Have adult male HIVers, particularly those with immunodeficiency, had so much prior exposure to the various HPV types in the vaccine that it renders the vaccine ineffective?
Stay tuned to The Body. We'll keep you posted as more information becomes available.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Where Does Hpv Come From?
- What Vitamins Should I Take For Hpv?
- Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For AIDS
- Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation And HIV Transmission Risk
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Is Runny Nose A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.