DILEMA

Hi Doc Ive jus made the biggest mistake of my life. I cheated on my hubby n didnt use a condom. I was drunk which i neva do and everything happened so fast. He put in in for 2minutes but i had a tampon on, reality hit me after a minute and i stopped him coz i realised i was getting wet.

Should i start PEP. He is my xboyfriend and i left him because he was promiscuious. I suspect he is hiv positive since he sleeps around without protection.

Im going crazy. although he didnt have any precum and there was no fluid exchange im worried becoz i tend to get cuts everytime anything goes in even with a condom and it burns slightly.

PEP warranted?

Hi.

Unprotected sex does place you at some degree of risk for STDs, including HIV.

To make a formal recommendation regarding to PEP or not to PEP would require a more detailed history. If in doubt, you could begin a course of PEP and then contact an HIV physician specialist to evaluate whether continuing PEP is warranted. You could also ask your ex if he would get a rapid HIV test. Results are available in just a few minutes. If he tests negative, you can relax quite a bit, because your risk then would be significantly reduced to the remote possibility that your ex has only recently been infected and is still in his seroconversion window period (HIV infected but not yet making detectable levels of anti-HIV antibodies in the blood).

I would also suggest you level with your husband. It's not only the best way to confront "the biggest mistake of your life," but it's also the right thing to do.

Using Saliva as Lubricant. PEP?
Bobby the confused South African saying thank you