Masturbation with prostitute's saliva, shaved pimples on face, feel feverish 2 wks later

Dear Dr.

I am emailing you today because I am undergoing a scare and live in a country that does not tolerate HIV at all. I also have a widowed mother who depends on me and I really feel like I need someone to give me proper advice and comfort me, as weak as that sounds.

Two weeks I went to a "saunaclub" in the Netherlands near the German border. There I had sex with 4 prostitutes (1 after the other over a period of about 4 hours). I used a condom during vaginal intercourse, but they gave me oral sex without a condom. We also french kissed and I am certain that their saliva touched my two pimples on my chin that had been shaved by mistake and had been bleeding earlier that morning. My main concern comes from the 4th prostitute: I was unable to finish vaginal intercourse with her and my penis was sore from all the sex I had, so I pulled the condom off an proceeded to masturbate using her saliva as lubricant.

I realize that statistically saliva poses a very low risk for transmission, but since my penis was sore and I was masturbating pretty hard with her spit I fear I may have increased that risk.

Furthermore, a few days later, after my penis started to itch and burn a little bit, and yesterday I went to the doctor yesterday and he told me it looks like it could be the beginning of chlamydia or the like. I do not suspect this is a symptom of HIV, but that i had too much exposure to a woman with an STD. Results for an STD profile should be ready in a few days.

To make things worse, exactly 2 weeks after those sexual encounters (this morning), I woke up feeling slightly under the weather, and gradually developed a headache and it feels like I am coming down with a fever. This sounds like what happens soon after HIV infection. I try to ignore it, but its so hard to when I haven't been sick in about 9 months. I do notice a small amount of mucus in my throat and back of nose (abnormally small amount giving the other symptoms though) and the idea of mucus sounds like it might be a legitimate cold, and not acute HIV infection.

Dr, I am going to get tested in 3-6 months regardless of what you say, however I want to know if my scare is warranted or if I am just overreacting. By the way I am i my late 20s and uncircumcised.

Thank you for having the patience to help people for all these years, and I much appreciate your response.

Hi.

You had sex with four different prostitutes, one right after the other over a period of four hours. WOWZA. That's impressive, even for a twenty-something. I'll assume you're either Italian or taking excessive doses of Cialis. No wonder your Mini Me was a bit worn out.

Your HIV-acquisition risk is negligible, assuming the latex condoms were used properly and didn't fail (break). The final whack-off session with prostitute #4's spit-lube would not be considered a risk for HIV transmission. Likeise getting prostitute saliva on shaved pimples is not an HIV risk.

As for chlamydia (and many other STDs), they are much more easily contracted than HIV.

Regarding your "symptoms," it's important to note that symptoms are notoriously unreliable in predicting who is and is not HIV infected. Yes, I think you are overreacting. One of the reasons for the heightened anxiety is probably the fact your country "does not tolerate HIV at all." That's obviously a totally insane policy. HIV is a virus. Ignoring it, outlawing it or not tolerating it does nothing but drive HIV underground and make people fearful about testing or getting treatment. This just fans the flames of the pandemic.

It's fine to get an HIV-antibody test outside the window period. Just realize the statistical odds are all in your favor that you did not contract HIV from your quartet of pros because you played safe(r)!

Be well. Stay well.

nervous about gay friends
Suture needle stick