Aug 2, 2011
Can aids by transmitted by washing my clothes in the same laundy with the clothes of someone who has aids?
Response from Dr. Frascino
Contracting HIV/AIDS from a Maytag washer is not one of the known modes of transmission. Sweetie Pie, the only way you could contract the virus at your local "Sit-and-Spin" laundromat is to have unsafe sex with a poz patron waiting for his tighty whities to dry.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Will I Still Have Symptoms After Being Treated For Chlamydia?
- When To Check If You Have Gonorrhea In Your Throat?
- What Causes Genital Warts To Come Back?
- What Can Happen If Genital Herpes Is Left Untreated?
- What Are The Chances Of Spreading Herpes With No Symptoms?
- Topical Antifungal For Angular Chelitis
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.