Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

I am affraid, I caught it
Aug 1, 2011

Dear Dr. Frascino,

I have been reading your responses to different questions addressed to you. I should say that we grateful to have you around assisting us. I had a protected sex with multiple female of unknown hiv status. I did not notice any incidence of broken or rubbed condom. At one occasion, I could not come and took of the condom, washed my genital part with water and soap, then masturbate right after. Three days later, I started experiencing the following symptoms:-headaches, running nose, sore throat and night sweating (at least twice or 3x per night). I am really afraid that I have caught the deadly virus. Is it possible for the RAS symptoms to start within a week? I will be tested next week. I am not sure these test will be accurate at this stage. look forward to your response and thank you in advance for it.

Tony

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi.

You're concerned about contracting HIV from the human semen running out of your tap water for the last there days? WOWZA! I don't even know where to begin with that one! I'll keep it simple. Your OCD is OOC (out of control).

Your HIV risk from using or drinking tap water is completely nonexistent.

Dr. Bob

Previous
GOING CRAZY- DENTIST WORRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Next
Possible HIV?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.