low cd4 count
Jul 31, 2011
Hey doc, I have asked a question before which you answered and i appreciate that greatly. I do have a concern though about results from one of my blood tests. The doctor checked my cd4 count and it was only 224. I had an hiv test done which came out negative , but my concern is still that it is a false negative. With my cd4 counts being so low would that affect the results of my hiv test?
Response from Dr. Frascino
Having a CD4 count of 224 would not cause a false-negative HIV-antibody test. We diagnose folks HIV positive with CD4 counts in the single digits!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Systems Of The Body Do Shingles Affect?
- What Is The Chance Of Getting Herpes From Drinking From The Same Cup?
- What Do I Do When My Shingles Start To Scab?
- What Are The Side Effects Of Herpes?
- Could Very Small Bumps Be Genital Warts
- Time Frame After Contracting Herpes Before It Shows Up On An Std Test
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.