low cd4 count

Hey doc, I have asked a question before which you answered and i appreciate that greatly. I do have a concern though about results from one of my blood tests. The doctor checked my cd4 count and it was only 224. I had an hiv test done which came out negative , but my concern is still that it is a false negative. With my cd4 counts being so low would that affect the results of my hiv test?

Hello.

Having a CD4 count of 224 would not cause a false-negative HIV-antibody test. We diagnose folks HIV positive with CD4 counts in the single digits!

Possible eye exposure. PEP warranted?!!
Bloody gauze in trash