Rash related to seroconversion?

Hi Dr. Bob,

A couple weeks ago I wrote a thank you for all that you do, and you reassured that my fears were unnecessary. However the anxiety is getting to me after getting a series of bumps around my back/abdomen that can only be described by myself as flea, or some kind of insect. However, there are no evidence of them in m household, and as precaution the house has been sprayed. Then I recalled that about a week and a half ago I had a dime sized rash on the my tricep that could fit to be a "mother rash" of a pityriasis rosea.

Like I said in my previous post, my possible exposure was back on March 26th-28th, so what would you say the chances of this being related be, or am I just going nuts for no reason? Thank you for your patience.

Hi.

"...or am I just going nuts for no reason?" BINGO!!! Yep, you're heading down the looney tunes trail to fluffernutter land!

The rash associated with HIV acute retroviral syndrome (ARS) looks absolutely nothing like what you describe, and HIV ARS rash would manifest two to three weeks after exposure, not five months!!

I haven't changed my initial assessment: Your fears are unwarranted. HIV is not your problem! If my reassurance is not sufficient for you to put these fears to rest, talk to your doctor about a a trial of anti-anxiety medications and /or a referral to a licensed mental health professional for counseling.

anxiety overdrive
Maybe you can help me out Doc, Marine in need of advice