Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Can you get HIV from sticking drumsticks or other objects inside your anus? (INAPPROPRIATE ITEMS SHOVED UP THE BUTT, 2011)
Jul 30, 2011

Hello Doctor, I have asked this question before, but I don't have access to my email account for which I selected for the first question anymore, so I am re-asking it. Well, this is the story: A while ago I got some drumsticks from my school and the local music studio and went home and stuck them inside my anus in an attempt to pleasure myself, but now I know to never do that again. It did not hurt at all afterwards, and there was no blood at all whatsoever. Months later, I took a Health class and got informed of HIV and AIDS. Now, I am an extremely paranoid person, so I began thinking to myself if the drumsticks I took home were inside another person who had HIV. I know for a fact that HIV dies very quickly outside of the body because it needs a host to survive, but again, I am very paranoid. So please help me out bu answering this question, and thank you if you manage to answer this question form me very soon.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello.

You shoved drumsticks up your butt??? When I read the title of your question I thought it would involve some kind of Colonel Sanders fried chicken fetish. So I was surprised to read they were real drumsticks! Hopefully you were trying to use them to beat out a rock-and-roll rhythm on a full drum set that you shoved up your butt sometime previously.

Regarding your HIV risk, it's nonexistent. Really, how many dudes do you think sit on drumsticks? You make it seem like those drumsticks get more action than Justin Timberlake.

Not surprisingly you are not alone in shoving weird stuff up your butt. See link below.

Stop worrying. Things could have been worse. You could have been a tuba player (OUCHAMAGOUCHA!).

Dr. Bob

Is it possible to get HIV from something like this? (INAPPROPRIATE ITEMS SHOVED UP THE BUTT, 2011)Jun 20, 2011

Previous
A good mental help resource and a simple question - one day I will woohoo!
Next
Always scared, never tested

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.