sex

Hello doc. Big fan here... My question is the following; Can my partner who is HIV+ infect me if I perform anal licking? What about insertion of fingers? If I perform oral sex on him, and he doesn't release semin, will I get infected? And one last question? Up to date, what's the life expectancy for a HIV+ person that only sleeps about 6 hrs n smokes about a pack of cigarette every other day? The

Hello.

Well-documented cases of HIV acquisition from rimming are exceedingly rare, but transmission is possible, especially with extenuating circumstances (blood, oral lesions, etc.).

Fingering is not considered an HIV risk, assuming the skin on the fingering fingers is intact.

Receptive oral sex (sucking) carries a very low risk for HIV acquisition. Precum does contain infectious virus and can transmit the disease.

Life expectancy for HIVers varies considerably and is dependent on many factors -- viral strain, access to effective antiretrovirals, adherence to medication regimen, concurrent illnesses and/or opportunistic infections and malignancies, duration of infection, etc. Sleeping only six hours a night wouldn't affect HIV-related mortality significantly. Smoking increases the risk for morbidity (illness) and mortality (death) in both HIVers and neggies. It's particularly dangerous for HIVers due to their immune impairment.

NON-DISCLOSUR OF HIV... (NONDISCLOSURE LAWS, 2011)
Hiv Testing