Jul 29, 2011
Hey Doctor Let me start off by saying this is a great site. I am planning on donating as soon as I can. One quick question. Can a Hepatitis test test for HIV? Or the other way around? I heard they both look for antibodies
Response from Dr. Frascino
Thanks for your kind comments.
One quick question deserves one quick answer. Hepatitis testing does not test for HIV. Likewise HIV testing does not test for hepatitis. These are completely different viruses with completely different diagnostic tests! Anti-hepatitis antibodies are completely different from anti-HIV antibodies.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Risk Of Sex With A Prostitute
- Black Spots After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Blood In Semen After Vaginal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Fingering Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Balls After Drinking After Someone Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Urethra After Getting Fingered Worried I Have
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.