|Unprotected sex between HIV poz partners (UNPROTECTED SEX BETWEEN TWO HIV POZ PARTNERS, 2011)
Jul 27, 2011
I am starting my HIV medication very soon, like in a month or less. My partner has not started yet and possibly will be a few months before he does. We have been having unprotected sex because we are both poz and are in a committed relationship. I would like to know if it is safe to continue having unprotected sex once I start my medication? Especially because I am the receiver in the relationship and most of the time there is ejaculation while having sex.
| Response from Dr. Frascino
This question comes up so often that it nearly qualifies for our QTND (questions that never die) category! I haven't changed my opinion since the last time I addressed this issue. See link below.
Good luck and good health to you both.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can Someone Get HIV From Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation?
- How Do You Get Trichomoniasis Without Having A Sex Partner?
- Having A Partner With Hiv
- If You Have Unprotected Sex With Someone With Aids Will You Get Aids Or Hiv?
- How Likely Is It To Get Hiv From Unprotected Sex?
- Can You Contract Hiv From Having Unprotected Sex If The Male Does Not Come Inside His Partner?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.