Resistance Test

Hello Doctor, My recent test shows my cd4 is 265, vl 35k and cd% 15.7%. I have got resistance to emtricitabine and lanivudine it was done in 2009 May. My question is do I need to do resistance (Genotype and phenotype) test again before I start any medication? My new doctorâs appointment is on 5th august and I want to go all prepared to him so I can start my medication as soon as possible. Please advise me. Thank you very much in advance. Regards,

Hi.

If possible, I would get another resistance test to help in formulating your next antiretroviral regimen. If this is not feasible, your HIV specialist should at least avoid the antiretrovirals to which you demonstrated resistance in 2009. You should still have a number of attractive options for an effective regimen.

Just graduated. Stupid way to celebrate. Please help, Dr. Bob.
suffering from possible ars symptoms?