Quick Question and $100 donation!
Jul 27, 2011
Hi doc! I was stapling some pamphlets/booklets and the stapler jabbed on my finger. I was telling a co-worker and she said "that stapler did that to me to, my blood squirted when the stapler jabbed down on my finger!" After that, I was terrified! Since she DID bleed on the stapler, then the stapler jabbed me, and "if" she has HIV and her blood was on the stapler, can it get transmitted to me?? This happened to her the day before I got jabbed with the stapler! Is this a risk or OCD?
I promise to send out my $100 for good karma and good luck! Thanks so much! Love, love, love you!!
Response from Dr. Frascino
Quick question, quick answer!
Q: "Is this a risk or OCD?"
Your HIV-acquisition risk from stapling your finger (OUCHAMAGOUCHA!) is nonexistent. There are many reasons why, including:
1. There is no basis to suspect your coworker is positively charged.
2. The staple she slammed into her finger is not the same one you slammed into yours.
3. HIV doesn't live very long at all outside the body.
I see absolutely no cause for concern or consideration of HIV testing.
Be well. Stay well.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Red Eyes A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Blowjob From A Prostitute Worried I Have HIV
- Achy Balls After Erotic Massage Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Mouth After Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.