Quick Question and $100 donation!

Hi doc! I was stapling some pamphlets/booklets and the stapler jabbed on my finger. I was telling a co-worker and she said "that stapler did that to me to, my blood squirted when the stapler jabbed down on my finger!" After that, I was terrified! Since she DID bleed on the stapler, then the stapler jabbed me, and "if" she has HIV and her blood was on the stapler, can it get transmitted to me?? This happened to her the day before I got jabbed with the stapler! Is this a risk or OCD?

I promise to send out my $100 for good karma and good luck! Thanks so much! Love, love, love you!!

Hi.

Quick question, quick answer!

Q: "Is this a risk or OCD?"

A: OCD

Your HIV-acquisition risk from stapling your finger (OUCHAMAGOUCHA!) is nonexistent. There are many reasons why, including:

1. There is no basis to suspect your coworker is positively charged.

2. The staple she slammed into her finger is not the same one you slammed into yours.

3. HIV doesn't live very long at all outside the body.

I see absolutely no cause for concern or consideration of HIV testing.

Be well. Stay well.

Used a Friends Toy (SEX TOYS, 2011)
Just graduated. Stupid way to celebrate. Please help, Dr. Bob.