Possible to transmit through sharing a joint?
Jul 25, 2011
I know that Hiv isn't passed through saliva, but the memory of sharing a joint with someone with an unknown status and that had been with many many people unprotected still continues to worry me. He had split his face open the night before (i forget how) and still had dry blood on his face and a little on his hands. I had testing done 2-3 months later and came back negative but i heard the window period is 6 months. Is it possible he could have transmitted it providing he had it to begin with?
Response from Dr. Frascino
Nope! See link below.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Does Sore Throat With Hiv Lasts Long?
- Will Syphilis Recur If You Already Have It?
- What's The Difference Between Trichomoniasis And Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Can I Do To Ease The Pain From Genital Herpes?
- Vitamins To Help Fight Genital Warts
- The Risk Of Catching Gonorrhea From A Single Act Of Sexual Intercourse
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.