rabies immunoglobulin human diploid cell
Jul 25, 2011
I am going to get the rabies immunoglobulin shot. The immunoglobulin is made up of human diploid cells. Is it possible that during the manufacturing process of the IG, HIV positive blood may be used?
Is there a chance that I will be infected with HIV when I get my IG shot? Thanks for your help.
Response from Dr. Frascino
Rabies immunoglobulin (or other types of immunoglobulin) is not a risk for acquiring HIV.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Do You Know If You Have Coated Tongue?
- Blisters After Licking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Ear Infection After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Headache After Unprotected Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Foreplay Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.