Garlic and Grape can affect the effectiveness of Atripla

Hello Doc,

Thank You so much for your information about ELISA and PCR DNA test. I have another questions regarding the food. I live in Australia,I'm 39 and started Atripla on February this year. CD4 was 55 and now 437 ( 23% ), VL now 93 copies/ml. -Is it true that Garlic and grape could affect the effectiveness of Atripla?

-Secondly, i read that Truvada in Atripla possibly causing bone fracture in the future , so i take vitamin D supplement 1000 IU(Cholecalciferol 25mcg) and also vitamin C 500 mg everyday, is it ok ?

-Last question, is there any common spices or other foods should i avoid in connection with Atripla?

Thank You,

Iv

Hi, Iv.

There are no significant drug-food interactions between either garlic or grapes and the three antiretroviral medications contained in Atripla.

Regarding Truvada and bone disease, see link below. Yes, it's fine to take vitamin D and vitamin C supplements. But do advise your HIV specialist of all over-the-counter products you are taking (vitamins, minerals, herbs, etc.) and follow his advice regarding dosing.

As for foods and spices, there are no interactions with Atripla. I would just advise monitoring alcohol intake so you don't overstress your liver.

STOPPING MY TRUVADA'?????? (BONE DISEASE AND HIV/AIDS, 2011) Jan 29, 2011

Dorothy and Toto say hello!
Mutual Masterbation and scared!!!! Please answer!