|High viral load continued
Jul 23, 2011
Dr Bob, thank you very much for your answer about normal cd4 9914) and cd4% (45%) and high viral load (170,000) you mentioned that should talk to my doctor about starting the meds right now to protect my immune system. I didnt mention that my platlets went down to 9,000 or 9 during seroconversion, and only slowly rising, does this have any baring on the decision to start meds?
| Response from Dr. Frascino
Assuming that other causes for your thrombocytopenia (low platelet count) have been ruled out, yes, it would be one additional reason to begin antiretroviral therapy now.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blowjob From A Prostitute How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For HIV
- Fever After Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Oral Ulcers After Swallowing Cum Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Urethra After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have
- Shingles After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.