Questions regarding holistic treatment (HOLISTIC TREATMENT, 2011)

I have done research in the forums on the movie "House Of Numbers"...my questions answered an this contraversial film however would still like to present some other questions to you regarding other links I've found onine through www.naturalnews.com. Please view the following links & tell me what your input is on these alternative ways to treat HIV as well as how testing for HIV is done. Also is it indeed true that in order to have an accurate HIV diagnoses a Dr MUST not just have an antibody test but also a CD4 count that shows lower than 200 in order to be sure a person is just not "fighting off" exposure to HIV or does indeed have the virus itself? So many questions & just not enough answers. Have been on Truvada, Norviar, Prezista regiman for several months now after changing Dr's & them finally putting me on the right meds/dosages & after 2 years on meds. I am finally undetectable with a CD4 count at 1200+. Was diagnosed just weeks after exposure with my CD4 count at 1115..dropped down to 475 within 6 months before meds recommended & taken. Thank you in advance for your responses as am in need of many questions being laid to rest in my mind now that these new forms of treatment have been presented to me through a friend who is not poz! I do hope you select my questionS to be answered FOR ALL TO SEE & not ignore what so many that are NOT denialists are questioning because we simply deserve to know that facts as we take this difficult journey through life living as HIV poz IF we weren't improperly diagnosed.

1) Bananas & other herbs to help fight the immune system naturally...should we be taking these instead of ARV treatment or along with our cuurent regimans? http://www.naturalnews.com/031024_HIV_transmission_bananas.html

2)Have NOT ever had the HIV Vaccine however am questioning the presence of antibodies these tests show & how that correlates with being diagnosed HIV poz vs just someone's body naturally trying to fight off exposer to the virus itself. How do you know the difference?

http://www.naturalnews.com/029236_HIV_vaccine.html

3)Last but not least: "We can be exposed to HIV many times without being ... infected... Our immune system creates [antibodies] within a few weeks, if you have a good immune system." - Quote from Dr Luc Montagnier, the Nobel prize-winning virologist

http://www.naturalnews.com/027922_AIDS_David_Icke.html

I just want the TRUTH...I know that AZT was not a good drug, came with lots of side effects & now not used in most cases if not at all. New meds have come a long way but lets be honest here..the pharma companies are making trillions of dollars each year & how much do we really know about the long term effects of our new drug regimans? Do we know that we will not have the same long term effects as we did with AZT?

Not by any means a denialists but do have questions that i want answered by the best of the best not by my local Health Dept whom have already made a lot of mistakes while treating me. AND biggest question I want answered is "DO I REALLY HAVE HIV OR WAS I GIVEN AN INACCURATE TEST AS MANY NOTABLE DR'S HAVE DOCUMENTED AS WELL AS STATED THIS HAPPENS MORE THAN WE KNOW?"

My Best Regards!

Hello.

I'm sure your "friends who are not poz" meant well, but unfortunately they are not well-informed. Detailed responses to all your queries are already in the archives (just like the information on "House of Numbers") and waiting for your double-click. Consequently I'll respond only briefly to your specific questions:

1. Should you be taking bananas and other herbs instead of antiretrovirals? No, of course not! Frevinsakes! Check out the following link for the banana story: banana and hiv May 23, 2010

As for other herbs and alternative therapies, check out my blog post. Hocus-Pocus: Quantum Quackery, aka Alternative Medicines for HIV/AIDS, A View From the Reality-Based Universe By Bob Frascino, M.D., July 28, 2010

2. Actually you don't. Both HIV vaccine trial participants and HIV-positive folks will test HIV positive on HIV-antibody screening tests. More sophisticated testing would be necessary to separate these two groups. Qualitative HIV PCR DNA or quantitative HIV PCR RNA would only be detectable in true HIVers, not in vaccine recipients.

3. AZT was the first antiviral drug that showed any significant activity against HIV. It did not perform well over time as monotherapy, because resistance would develop quickly when using only a single anti-HIV drug. AZT did indeed have significant side effects and toxicities. The newer, more potent, less toxic, more convenient antiretrovirals began hitting the markets in mid-1996. Consequently we have only about 15 years of experience with the first protease inhibitors and much less experience with even newer agents, such as integrase inhibitors or CCR5 antagonists. What we do know is that HIV/AIDS mortality and morbidity plummeted when these agents hit the market. I have no doubt without them I wouldn't be here responding to your questions. Rather, I'd be planted six feet under. We will continue to learn more about side effects and toxicity as the years go by, and hopefully we'll continue to develop more potent, less toxic agents. In addition we are now making significant progress toward a cure.

Regarding your HIV diagnosis, did you put yourself at risk for HIV? If you've had a positive HIV-antibody test confirmed by a positive Western Blot, you are HIV positive. You report your current antiretroviral regimen has made you "undetectable." Consequently I'm assuming somewhere along the way you had a detectable HIV plasma RNA viral load. Taken together this information confirms that you are indeed positively charged.

As for your question, "is it true that in order to have an accurate HIV diagnosis a Dr MUST not just have an antibody test but also a CD4 count that shows lower than 200 in order to be sure a person is not just 'fighting off' an exposure to HIV...," the answer is absolutely not! Where did you come up with that whacked-out notion? Once the CD4 count drops to 200, an HIVer qualifies for an AIDS diagnosis and becomes increasingly susceptible to opportunistic infections.

You have much to learn about HIV/AIDS. I suggest you peruse the wealth of information on this Web site, in its archives and on related links.

Terrified And Being Consumed With Guilt.
High viral load continued