Terrified And Being Consumed With Guilt.
Jul 22, 2011
Hello, I feel awful for sharing but I did something terrible in Las Vegas. I was unfaithful to my husband two nights in a row with a stranger(the same stranger who was a Tunder Down Under performer). A condom was used both times but I did reveive oral sex as well as give it very breifly(for a minute or so before actual intercourse). The first exposure was on a Friday night and the last was on the following Saturday night. Come Monday morning I had swollen glands aches over my entire body and a sore throat only on one side(something that puzzled my doctor). The sore throat and swollen neck glands persisted so I went to my Doctor 4 days later. My Doctor told me my symptoms were likely a common viral infection or abcess that would explain the one sided sore throat. 1) Now 10 weeks later how accurate would an HIV test be? 2) Also what are the chances that my symptoms two days later were signs of HIV infection? 3) How high are my chance of contraction? Thank you so so very much for your help.
Response from Dr. Frascino
You shagged one of those Thunder from Down Under dudes in Vegas? WOWZA! Lucky you! Those studs are smokin' hot. Oh, sorry, got carried away. Back to your question.
Your HIV-acquisition risk would be negligible, assuming the latex condoms were used properly and did not fail (break).
Responding to your specific questions:
1. Most folks infected with HIV would have detectable levels of anti-HIV antibodies in their blood four to six weeks after exposure. Consequently a negative 10-week test would be considered extremely encouraging. However, you'll need to wait until the three-month mark for a definitive negative test result.
2. Symptoms two days after a potential HIV exposure would not be related to HIV. The symptoms associated with HIV acute retroviral syndrome (ARS) generally manifest two to three weeks after exposure, not two days.
3. Negligible, at best.
Regarding "being consumed with guilt," I'd advise you level with your hubby. It's not only the best way to confront your guilt; it's also the right thing to do.
Finally, I know a few Thunder from Down Unders as well. Don't they have the most charming accents?
Good luck. Be well.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- If I Have Ars Will I Have Fever?
- Is Headache A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Blowjob From A Prostitute Risk Of Getting HIV
- Black Spots After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Testicles After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Nipple Biting Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.