ARS symptoms and testing

Hallo doctor

I am really aware of being some sort of rare case. 14 days after my exposure I had ARS symptoms including high fever, muscle pain, fatigue, because I thought my exposure was safe enough I did not tested. After 5 month I realized white tongue and lost about 12 pounds. I immediately went testing and the result was shock for me I tested for HIV by elisa ab/ag and bwr test for lues the result was negative for both stds. I checked the net and went for follow up test after 6 months the result was even bigger shock HIV negative again and liver enzymes test was in normal. Right now I have confirmed oral thrush and swollen nodes in my neck. I am still scared almost pretty sure about false negative. I was big smoker and heavy smoker right now in permanent stress with anxiety. I used to little overweight but not much with lack of sport. Not alcoholic but consumed a lot of beers almost every friday. Is it anyhow possible that my life style could cause false negative antibody results?

Thank you very much for your opinion, I fell really doomed.

Have a nice day

Ales

Hello, Ales.

"Some sort of rare case?" Nah. Actually you're just another extremely common case of a "worried well." You may be "pretty sure about (your) false negative" HIV tests, but I'm absolutely certain your tests are accurate and your negative status is genuine! If you have difficulty accepting the irrefutable proof you are HIV negative, I would advise you seek the help of a licensed mental health professional to help you cope with your irrational fears of being HIV infected. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. No additional HIV tests are warranted. Your negative HIV-antibody tests out to six months are definitive, conclusive and WOO-HOO-able.

That said, you do have a significant health problem that requires attention: smoking. I urge you to quit. If you don't, cigarettes will kill you in a very painful and undignified fashion.

PCR DNA & ELISA test
Thank you Thank you Thank you