Jul 21, 2011
Hello Doctor, I had an anal intercourse with a sex worker, it was protected, but the condom failed, I noticed it -supposed imediately- and changed it to a new one. Am I at high risk of contradicting HIV? Do I need to be tested? Please reply ASAP
Response from Dr. Frascino
Failed-condom anal sex with a sex worker carries the same HIV-acquisition risk as unprotected sex. HIV testing is definitely warranted. See link below.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long Can You Test Negative For Hiv While Actually Being Positive?
- Can You Get Hiv From Having Your Nipples Sucked?
- Can I Know If I'm Hiv Positive After 2 Weeks Of Infected?
- Yeast Infection And Chlamydia
- What Precautions Can You Take If Someone Has Herpes?
- What Are Ways To Prevent Getting Herpes?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.