Jul 21, 2011
Hello Doctor, I had an anal intercourse with a sex worker, it was protected, but the condom failed, I noticed it -supposed imediately- and changed it to a new one. Am I at high risk of contradicting HIV? Do I need to be tested? Please reply ASAP
| Response from Dr. Frascino
Failed-condom anal sex with a sex worker carries the same HIV-acquisition risk as unprotected sex. HIV testing is definitely warranted. See link below.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Type Of Doctor Specializes In The Treatment Of Herpes?
- What Is The Difference Between Herpes And Shingles?
- What Is The Difference Between Genital Herpes And Shingles?
- What Is The Difference Between Canker Sores And Herpes?
- What Are The Ways You Can Catch Herpes?
- Vitamin B12 And Herpes Infection
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.