Condom was broken

Dear Dr. Frascino, Hello, and I hope you are having a great time. I'm a 36 years old gay man. 18 days ago I had a sex with another gay man who I don't know him. During the sex I realized that the condom was broken. I was the top one. I don't know when it was happened? and I didn't cum! I took it out immediately when I found out that it was broken, but I don't know how long after sex it was broken. Would you please let me know what is the risk probability for getting HIV virus for me? I really thank you so much. P.S: I live in Iran. Thanks again.

Hello.

Broken-condom sex carries the same HIV-acquisition risk as unprotected sex. The CDC's estimated per-act statistical risk for acquiring HIV from unprotected (or broken-condom) insertive anal sex with a partner confirmed to be HIV infected is 6.5 per 10,000 exposures. Your estimated statistical risk would be less, as we don't know the HIV status of your bottom buddy.

HIV testing is definitely warranted at the three-month mark.

HCW with multiple exposures: I cant believe my "eyes"!
Failed Condom