The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

The Know Now Organization

Jul 21, 2011

Can you comment on whether this is a legitimate organization? They do remote testing (will come to your home, or anywhere really) and do the Oraquick Advance oral fluid test.

I see very little information about them online other than their own information.

Have you heard of this organization? Can tests taken through this private organization be trusted?


Response from Dr. Frascino


I don't have any personal knowledge of this organization. Their Web site states the testing is "physician supervised" and that they only use FDA-approved test kits. That most likely means a laboratory technician comes to your home (or wherever) and performs the test. If there is any question a physician is available by phone. What this company is apparently selling is convenience. They state they will come to your home and offer rapid HIV testing "at all hours and on weekends." My one concern is the cost. They advertise HIV testing "starting at $150.00." "Starting at"??? Unless you happen to be residing on the International Space Station when you call for a stat HIV test, I tend to think the pricing is rather steep, particularly because $150 is the lowest fee. Why not just go to your local health department, STD clinic or private doctor's office for the test. You could get the same tests performed at a fraction of the cost.

Dr. Bob

Easy peezy one please?
I was confused now (please) (donate)

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint