Easy peezy one please?

I'm sure you're sick of these, but you are the only advisor online that has ever said anything about Prednisone or corticosteroids/steroids interfering with an HIV test. I have read through your archives and I think I get it, but would like your clarification. So if a guy has been taking prednisone for months and months and is still taking it, then he needs to consider a PCR test. If he took it for a few weeks(2-3 weeks specifically) and the dose was 20mg per day or less, then it's no prob and the standard antibody test will be fine. Am I right?

Hi.

Sorry this has lead to such confusion. Basically if someone is on massive doses of corticosteroids, there is a possibility of significant immune suppression. This, in turn, might alter some aspects of specific antibody production. By massive doses of corticosteroids I mean doses such as those used to treat brain cancer, not relatively low doses used for many common conditions, such as allergies, skin conditions, etc. Okay?

Doctor Frascino, I need your help...
The Know Now Organization