HIV1/2 & subtypes
Apr 30, 2001
Dear Dr. Is it true that 2 people with different virus's or subtypes can contract the others virus/subtype through unprotected sex? Thank you !
Response from Mr. Kull
Your question refers to a phenomenon called reinfection or super-infection. Please refer to my response to "What are the risks for us" (http://www.thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/SafeSex/Archive/TransmissionSexual/Q9770.qna) for more information on this topic.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Get Hiv Through Dried Blood?
- Is Having A Lower Back Pain An Early Sign Of HIV?
- When Shingles Scab Up Are They Still Contagious?
- What's The Difference Between Trichomoniasis And Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Can Happen If Genital Herpes Is Left Untreated?
- What Are Your Chances Of Getting Herpes If You Have Sex With Someone That Has It?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.