Help me Obi Bob Kenobi, you're my only hope...
Jul 20, 2011
Doctor Bob! I promise you will be my best friend if you can help me out!
Doctor, I am a white hetersexual male. Recently married. My sexual history is as follows: In december of 2010 I had protected vaginal sex and unprotected oral sex with a sex worker. This was before I was with my wife. I was very anxious about this experience and swore it off afterwards. In March, at about 80 days later, I had a antibody test for HIV at my dr's office via blood draw. Negative. After this test, I visited 2 massage parlors, thinking that masturbation is a no risk activity. Both times I was masturbated with oil. Shortley after I met my future wife and got married, and am happy. On June 21st of this year, as a safety precaution I had another antibody test, which also came back negative. I was NOT tested for gonorrea, chlamydia, or any other STD in June, but in my march test I was tested for everything EXCEPT ghonorrea and chlamydia. I figured if I have no symptoms, I'm good.
So now its 3 weeks after my last negative test, which puts me at a little over 6 months since my actual sex encounter. Last week I came down with flu like symptoms (headaches, slight upper 99 degree fever, sneezing, extremely stuffy nose.). I may have cought this from a co-worker, but am not sure. I know for certain at 6+ months since the sex worker I am 100% conclusive negative, but the 2 handjobs I received in between the 2 tests are bothering me. My wife has just left town and will return on monday, where we plan on having sex to try for a family, and for some reason I am beyond nervous.
1. Do I need further testing a month or so out? 2. Do my symptoms suggest anything to worry about? 3. I'm starting to fear other STD's I may have gotten from the handjobs, is this possible? Since I wasn't tested for Gonorrea and Chlamydia originally, could they be an issue 6+ months out? 4. I also have noticed in the last few weeks small, skin colored water blisters on my hands. They are tiny and are scratched off. Could this be a symptom of anything?
I will donate $100.00 for your answer.
Response from Dr. Frascino
4. Not HIV!
Massages with a happy ending are not considered a risk for HIV. Your recent symptoms are not related to your rub-and-tug experience. Symptoms associated with HIV acute retroviral syndrome (ARS) generally manifest two to three weeks after exposure (not two to three months!). It's entirely likely your "flu-like symptoms" were actually related to the "flu" or a common cold.
Relax Max! All is well, including you.
Thanks for your support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated. In return I'm sending my good-luck/good-health karma that you are now and will forever be HIV free.
Good luck. Be well.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Cold Hands After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Condom Causing Penis Irritation
- Acute HIV Infection And Oral Thrush
- Acute Retroviral Syndrome Rash Pictures
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.