Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

DR. BOB!!! Hiv and Genital herpes nothing in the archieves about this PLEASE READ!!!!
Jul 20, 2011

Dr. Bob,

I am they guy who cried when he found out how you were infected. I wrote to you about it a couple of weeks ago and followed it up with a lapdance question.

You told me that the archieves had served me well and that a bed sheet is the same thing as my tighty whities. I had nonexistant risk.

Well i remembered that i had unprotected sex about two years prior to this event. About a year later i tested for HIV and was negative. I didn't have the money to test for other std's.

It got me to wondering about genital herpes and the wet spot that was left on the sheet when she got up. Let me give quick refresher. This lapdance was about a year after i tested for HIV. I was at a private club where i was able to be nude but had to use bed sheet to cover lower half. When she got up after dancing in my lap a while there was this wet spot left on the sheet. I havent had any kind of outbreak that i have noticed. The free forums have been telling me everything from i couldn't get HIV from a lapdance even with HSV2. Then other forums are saying that i could have had a micolesion(sore) on my penis and not known it.

So i figured i would ask the expert. As i said in my original post i am not aware of any open cuts or sores on my penis that day. Hypothetically speaking, If i had a tiny herpes sore on my penis shaft so small that i didn't even know it was there(which would be hard considering i was masterbating under the sheet at the same time)where she was rubbing it over the sheet, would the sheet still act like a barrier that HIV would not be able to penetrate? Keep in mind she had her panties on too. In fact, the room was hot and she was kind of sweaty too so i don't even know if it was vaginal fluid or just sweat from her buttocks.

I have been told that HIV cannot remain infectious outside of its host so there couldn't be any exposure.

Would you still say my risk was nonexistent? Or do i need to test here?

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi.

Would I still say your risk was nonexistent? Yep!

Relax Max! All is well, including you!

Dr. Bob

DR. BOB I JUST READ HOW YOU GOT HIV IT MADE ME CRY PLEASE READ!!!! Jul 7, 2011

Previous
They don' add up - What's wrong?
Next
HIV exposure while getting HIV test? Forgive me if I sound stupid...

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.