hiv from dried blood?

Hello,for starters I live with a dabilatating fear of getting hiv, so if this is insane please tell me so. Upon taking the bus to work I saw a small new cut on my finger I have no idea where it came from and after I calmed down from my state of panic in the office I went to a coworkers first aid kit for a band aid, after I closed the kit I noticed what seemed to be brown dried blood on the outside of the case. I only touched the kit with my hand that did NOT have the cut but I am freaking out and suffering mental breakdown and hyperventilating. Please tell me what my risk is I'm worried I will end up unable to leave my house anymore.

Hi.

You state you are "freaking out and suffering a mental breakdown and hyperventilating" because you touched a first-aid kit that might have had dried blood on it with your hand that did NOT have a cut on it. Hmm. And you want me to let you know if your fear of contracting HIV this way is insane. Okay. Yep, it's absolutely insane, totally bat-shit crazy. Your HIV risk is nonexistent. HIV is not your problem; fear of HIV is. If indeed you "live with a debilitating fear of getting HIV" and you're worried you'll end up unable to leave your house due to these irrational fears, you need the help of a licensed mental health professional to help you confront and cope with your totally unwarranted worries.

Quick Question Part 3 (please)
They don' add up - What's wrong?