Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Confused, will donate again
Jul 19, 2011

Hi Dr. Bob, I'm writting from Argentina and first I want to congratulate you for tne excellent job you do. I donated in a previous question I made to you and this time I will do so again as soon as I get my credit card replaced. I'm really, really scared about this exposure, I know probably sometimes I overrreact about my fear to hiv, but please give me your oppinion. Yesterday night I was quite drunk and I went to bed with a transvestite sex worker. We first rubbed our pennises together wich I know already involves no risk. After that I sat down over her penis and started rubbing it against my anus, she started to have an erection, then she placed behind me both lying on our side and she continued rubbing her penis against my anus, at some point she did a little pressure into my anus like pushing it in but I'm not sure if she penetrated me or not, when I felt that, I really wanted to have sex I asked her if she had a condom and she said that in her purse, so I grabbed her purse from another room and gave it to her, but at that moment she told me she wanted to leave because she had to continue working. The question is if you think I was at a big risk and if I should start PEP, I had never been penetrated so I guess that if I would have been penetrated yesterday I would have felt pain or at least realize right? Let's suppose only the tip of her penis entered me with precum on it, is this warrant to start PEP? Or probably the fact that she was rubbing her penis in my anus for 10 minutes or so may have put some precum inside my anus and the mucous membrane absorved it into the bloodstream? thank you very much for any clarification you can give me and I terribly regret this event for being such a stupid careless guy. But please if you think this is warrant for PEP, tell me. Thank you very much again for the excellent job you do, claryfiyng things to people like me Regards

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello, Argentina Guy.

Welcome back to the forum.

Your HIV-acquisition risk from the activities you describe is negligible. PEP is not warranted.

I agree that if you had been penetrated, you definitely would have realized it.

If you remain worried despite my reassurance, get a single HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark. I'm very confident the result will be negative.

Thanks for your support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated. In return I'm sending my good-luck karma that you are and will always be HIV free.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Your new best Friend (again)
Next
Quick Question Part 3 (please)

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.