lymph nodes update for kind Dr.Bob

Hello Dr.Bob,i have asked you about my lymph nodes and you answered very kindly.I'm the thank you very "muck" girl.It's two months now and i have found one of the three specialists in hiv in my country.My lymph nodes are the same after treatment with antibiotics (1000mg*2 for a day for 7 days).The specialist didn't want to test me for any std,said the sympthoms were psychologic though the neck ultrasound showed submandibular lymph nodes enlargement at 1.2mm(i don't touch them don't worry,i even try to forget about them)I took a hiv-duo test at this clinic and it came back negative.Though the things happened at the lab concerned me very much.They are telling people that if they do an hiv-duo test after 21 days(21 not 28 days btw) that they don't need to do any further tests.Plus the doctor told me that i do not need any other std tests(which i think i do after 3 unprotected encounters).I will take the three months test but now i'm worried about other things.I've had an Eating Disorder for 2 years.I'm at a normal weight though.Would this affect the reliability of the 3 months test,do i need to retest at 6 monts mark?And a second question are there other std that can cause lymph node enlargement in neck? Thank you again Yours faithfully =)

Hello Thank You Very "Muck" Girl,

Welcome back to the forum.

There are only three HIV specialists in your country??? WOWZA. Where do you live? A small country on the former planet Pluto perhaps?

I haven't changed my assessment from my initial response. See link below. If you've placed yourself at risk for STDs, you should have an STD screen. This would include an HIV test at the three-month mark.

It's also apparent that you have a number of psychiatric/psychological disorders -- depression; an eating disorder; and, most likely, an irrational fear of being HIV infected. Ongoing treatment with a licensed mental health professional is warranted.

lymph nodes-resubmitted from Fatigue and Anemia Forum Jul 4, 2011

HIV/Other STD Risk from Giving Anilingus
Male male massage and ejaculations