Is it safe ? (CASUAL CONTACT, 2011)
Jul 14, 2011
Is it safe to live at the same house with an HIV positive person ( I have a baby) ? If it's okay, what can I do to prevent from getting infected ?
Response from Dr. Frascino
Yes, of course it's safe.
Precautions would include:
1. Not having unprotected sex with your positively charged housemate.
2. Not sharing intravenous syringes with your positively charged housemate.
3. Avoiding getting fresh blood from your positively charged housemate into an open wound.
Other than that you shouldn't worry. HIV is not transmitted by casual contact. We HIVers are not radioactive. Frevinsakes!!! See link below.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Swollen Lymph Glands Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Sex With A Prostitute Afraid I Have HIV
- Burning Penis After Touching Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Chills After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Oral Ulcers After Open Mouth Kissing Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.