dental treatments and HIV

Hello Doctor! I am HIV positive patients currently in treatment and laboratory values ​​450 CD4 and viral load under 20 copies. I have to have several dental treatments involving blood, saliva, etc. .. I know that all surgical instruments are sterilized, but it kills all the viruses that could be? I have great fear that during treatment there may be some splash of blood or the doctor accidentally cut, prick it with any instrument .... the doctor is my uncle, and do not know my HIV status help! advice!

Hi.

Universal precautions should be in place for all medical and dental procedures. This protects against transmission of blood-borne pathogens between the doctor/dentist and the patient.

Regarding your uncle, you could disclose your HIV-positive status or decide to have your dental work done elsewhere.

CD4 fell from 525 to 265 in 8 months (CD4 count versus CD4%, 2011)
Severe symptoms negative at 21 weeks