The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Confudes, classical symptoms and negative, even one year after risk

Jul 11, 2011

Hi Mr Frasino,

After (how stupid!) a one-time unsafe sexact I had gruesome symptoms as weightloss (from 83 down to 77 kg). This weigthloss happened in the period 6 weeks after the risk. Later (so from the 7 th till the 12th week) I had other symptoms: night sweats and herpes zoster in my groin. Also much transpiration in general, but this happened a little later, so around week 10-12 after risk. Its now over year later and I have had so much tests, most in the period from 8 months till 13 months after risk. All this 14 tests (ABOTT rapid tests and EIA, immonoassay tests at different hospitals) came back negative. One hospital gave me an exact degree of 0,23 (EIA), while starting at 1,00 they suspect an hiv-infection, which must of course be confirmed by a BLOTtest. As I had the classical hiv-symptoms (weightloss, nightsweats) I am now very confused. Can I be happy with this negative results? Or am I infected with a variant of the (HIV)virus on which the tests do not react?

Response from Dr. Frascino


You're "confudes" and worried about your "transpiration"??? OK, if you say so.

Regarding your 14 negative HIV tests over the past year, exactly which part of "HIV negative" are you confused about???

Whatever is causing your symptoms, one thing is certain: It's not HIV!

Dr. Bob

HIV in bath water question
"Even safer sex" methods with HPV...have not seen a good post on this anywhere.

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint