3's the charm? I have read at least 250 post...

This is the third time I have written you this week. I took another day off from work. Seems like the only thing I can do now is sleep, read post from on here, and wait.

I will ask you a question and even answer for you. I have read so many post now I think I know what you are going to say.

Backgroud: I am male and had unprotected oral sex from another unknown male for maybe 5 to 10 seconds two weeks ago from today. I stopped him stop and no futher sexual action took place. I just took my pee pee and left. Three days later up through today I have had diarreah, sore throat and losing my voice, and a stiff neck, maybe tender glands (total of 11 days now). I went to the clinic on day 5 and got hiv tested and other std testig. The hiv test was negative which I knew would be because I got tested three years ago and have not had sex since that time. I was negative for all other stds as well which I got the resluts from yesterday. I would like to also mention that I have had no fever or rash during this time period.

Questions: 1) What are my chances that I did not contract HIV? 2) Do you think this is ARS?

Your answer would go something like this:

Answer 1: Symtoms are never an good indicator if you have HIV or not. What you did has a very little risk of contracting HIV. I would recommend a single test at 3 months. What it sounds like is that you are having anxiety issues.

Answer 2: Not sure how to answer this one for you. What I am hoping to hear form you is that this does not sound like a typical ARS symtoms.

So Dr. Bob how close am I to answering my own questions? I am sorry I could not inject you great since of humor or some personality like you do on your replies.

I am so hoping you answer this for me. I need something to lift my spirits. I have a long three months ahead of me. I promise to let you know the results.

Your new number one fan.

Hi.

Answer #1: I absolutely agree! Symptoms are notoriously unreliable in predicting who is and is not HIV infected. Your HIV-acquisition risk is negligible. Your problem is not HIV, but rather fear of HIV.

Answer #2: Your symptoms are not worrisome for HIV acute retroviral syndrome (ARS). ARS symptoms generally manifest two to three weeks after HIV infection, not three days!

I was particularly struck by one piece of information in your history. You haven't had sex in three years??? WOWZA. Dude, what's up with that? I would spontaneously combust if I had to abstain for three weeks, let alone three years! No wonder you're a bit depressed!

So you answered your own questions quite accurately. BRAVO! Rather than lying around in bed for the next three months worrying, why not come to work here? I have about a gazillion questions crammed into my inbox just begging for a personal response!

New Number One Fan, try not to worry. The odds are a quantum leap beyond astronomical that you did not acquire HIV from a 10-second blowjob!

Be well.

Please Answer This Time - Seroconversion, Combivir as PEP, broken condom
Negative PCR Test