Dr. Bob, do you not want to answer my concern? Is there any problem with my question. Please asnwer it what ever you think Sir, i mean is it very risky etc. Already i am very scared.

Dr. Bob, When you are not answering my question, i am getting even more scared that this is a high risk situation. Please tell me Sir. My pediatrician thinks my 3 year old kid has pdd nos, so already worried and devastated, she was very rude and told us about that and i didn't even knew what was pdd at that point of time . But i was still doing the follow up's my doctor wrote. So i went to the pediatric genetics doctor. He was explaining me and i asked for a chromosomal microarray testing, because the wife is pregnant with my second kid at 5 months. I wanted to make sure it doesnt affect the second kid. Since the Quest lab would take like 6 weeks for the results to come, the doctor was very nice and willing to help me saying that he works at a hospital and he will try to get the results earlier. So he drew the blood from my kid on his own. The problem was that i realised just before he was drawing the blood, that the belt he used to tie the strap had so many blood stains on it. I think the doctor did not realise that, also he is old i think in his 60's, i should have told him right then and there to change the strap, i am already confused about my daughter's diagnosis and here is one good doctor who is trying to help me out by getting the results faster, so i did not want to upset him. So while tying the belt, the blood stains came in contact with his fingers, and then he felt the vein with the fingers, and did not find it on one hand of my kid, so did the same with the other hand, tied the belt, found the vein, then used the syringe, and felt the needle to the same area on the finger, which was exposed to the blood from the belt and then drew the blood. This is a clinic in which two doctors are there only focussing on pediatric genetics, do i need to be worried about this incident?

Do i need to tell them or ask them? I don't have anything against the doctor, i just want to make sure if my daughter is at any kind of risk of anything? Already we are devastated by my daughter's diagnosis of pdd nos, and now this one. I feel i am a bad parent, who cant even take care of my one and only daughter properly, i feel too much guilt also. I should have told him right then and there to change it, what ever he thinks.

After three days after the blood was drown, she had high running nose, cough, and after seven days after the blood was drawn, she has high fever from the past four days including the running nose and cough, and is taking ibuprofen to control the temperature, and an antibiotic as well.

Do i need to worry about any infections like HIV or any blood born infections? Please keep in mind that it is a pediatric genetic clinic? Please help me Dr. Bob by letting me know your thoughts on the situation.

Hello.

I have not responded to your many previous posts, because there are similar questions already posted in the archives just waiting for your double click! Have a look.

Briefly, I should advise our readers that PDD-NOS stands for pervasive developmental disorder-not otherwise specified. PDD-NOS is one of five forms of autism spectrum disorders. PDD-NOS is sometimes referred to as atypical autism.

Regarding your HIV concerns, they are completely unwarranted. Your daughter's HIV-acquisition risk from getting her blood drawn is nonexistent. I suggest you focus your attention on your daughter's very real problems and not on a disease that she could not possibly have contracted from that kind physician with the blood stained tourniquet.

if a person is undectable can the partner still catch it
Need accurate info. please