Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

DR. BOB I JUST READ HOW YOU GOT HIV IT MADE ME CRY PLEASE READ!!!!
Jul 7, 2011

I just read one of your archived posts where you describe how you were infected. It made me cry. I am a hetero man, but the thought of a good person like yourself contracting HIV trying to help another person makes me wonder about Karma and JUSTICE in this world.

I was so sorry to read this that i had to write to let you know you will be in my families prayers. God bless you for still caring about the rest of us out here flirting with HIV while you were taken unexpectedly by the disease.

Quick question: I have read through all the archieves on this and i am 80-90 percent sure i found my answer, but i have not read a case identical to mine. Let me tell you the difference. I went to this private club and got a lapdance where i was allowed to be nude, but i had to cover penis with a bed sheet. The head of my penis was never close to contact with her vagina. In fact, there was no skin to skin contact at all between out genitals. After about 10-15 minutes of rubbing my shaft up and down over the sheet she got up so i could masterbate to climax. She left a little wet spot on the sheet about an inch to inch and a half located over the mid-lower shaft region when she got up. My penis skin was in tact no open cuts or sores that i am aware of. She had her sheer boy shorts on. They were not quite see through, but sheer. Would a bed sheet be the same thing as wearing my tighty whities in a regular club getting a regular lapdance? Any chance i need to test here?

Thanks again for your service. I have donated to you in the past and plan to donate again.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi.

Thanks for your kind comments. Despite living with HIV, I still consider myself to be one of the luckiest (and perhaps happiest) people on the planet. So please don't shed those tears for me. There are far worthier causes. But I certainly do appreciate the sentiment!

Regarding your quick question, the archives have served you well. You can kick that 80-90 percent all the way up to 100 percent. Your HIV-acquisition risk from Bouncing Bertha at the Badda Bing is nonexistent. HIV testing is not warranted.

Thanks for your support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated. In return I'm sending my good-luck/good-health karma that you are now and will forever be HIV free.

Good luck. Be well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Can an HIV-positive person go swimming in a pool?
Next
HIV on the bus?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.