HIV Vaccine question
Jul 7, 2011
I see alot of information on this site about vaccine trials. I was wondering if the efforts to find a vaccine are only targeted for Negative people and whether a vaccine would be effective for those of us Positive people.
Response from Dr. Frascino
There are two different types of vaccines: (1) preventative vaccines to prevent an illness and (2) therapeutic vaccines to heighten the immune response in fighting an infection that's already present. Unfortunately we haven't been successful on either front as far as HIV is concerned. However, the research is continuing, and we remain hopeful. Stay tuned to The Body and we'll keep you posted as information on either or both types of vaccines evolves.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Groin Pain After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Erotic Massage Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Protected Anal Sex Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After Getting Scratched Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.