Bat$hit Crazy-Fluffernutter Nuts-Overly Anxious or WhooHooable??!

Dr. Bob,

I have waited patiently, tested incessantly (and obsessively) and after 18 weeks (4.5 months) and am in dire need of the kind of whoo hoo only you can provide. 18 weeks ago I made the mistake of a lifetime when I foolishly ventured into a massage parlor and received seven seconds of unprotected insertive heterosexual oral sex. After roughly seven seconds I freaked out, stopped the "session" and have been a complete mess ever since. (think somewhere between batshit crazy and fluffernutter)

In terms of testing, over the last 4+ months my testing has been as follows:

3 week mark - PCR DNA test (neg) 6 week mark- blood drawn elisa (neg) 9 and 12 week mark- Rapid HIV test (neg) 13 week mark - blood drawn elisa, 3rd gen test through labcorp (neg) 16 week mark - rapid HIV test (neg) 18 week mark - rapid HIV test (neg)

In terms of symptoms, the only symptoms to speak of would be diahrrea that has been off and on for the last 16 weeks. Is that consistent with ARS or the early stages of HIV? No fever or full body rash.

My questions are as follows:

1) how accurate is the PCR DNA test at 20 days post exposure? 2) are my tests conclusive and woo-hooable even though it is not been six months (my fear is I have no idea how well my immune system is functioning) 3) can I put this behind me with 100% certainty that I have not contracted HIV?

In terms of crazy, would you consider me "batshit crazy", "fluffernutter nuts" , "out of my mind" or just "overly anxious" for not being able to accept my 14 negative HIV tests, five of which are at or outside the window period?

I have given over 1500.00 to your foundation, and plan to donate 500 more as I am a believer in you, how deliberate and thought out your answers are, how you deliver good and bad news and your overall mission!

Please set me free in the way only you can, (provided you think it is warranted)

To the world you may be one person, but to so many of us you mean the world. Thank You Dr. Bob!

Ryan

Hello, Ryan.

Your HIV-acquisition risk is negligible at best. Your single symptom of intermittent diarrhea for 16 weeks is not consistent with (or suggestive of) HIV acute retroviral syndrome (ARS).

Responding to your specific questions:

1. I can't provide an accuracy statistic, because HIV PCR DNA testing is not approved for routine HIV screening. Consequently there are no accuracy statistics. Generally speaking, if someone was HIV infected, I would expect their qualitative HIV PCR DNA to be detectable (positive) at day 20.

2. I would consider your undetectable PCR DNA at three weeks plus your multiple HIV-antibody tests out to 18 weeks after a seven-second unprotected insertive blowjob to be definitive, conclusive and WOO-HOO-able! (If your immune system wasn't functioning well, you'd know it!)

3. Yep!

4. You are just barely in the "overly anxious" category and a long way from totally looney tunes fluffernutter let alone bat-shit crazy. (Check the "I'm positive I'm positive" chapter in the archives for a colorful collection of bat-shit crazies.)

Thank you, Ryan, for your ongoing support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). Your gifts will touch many lives in desperate need. On behalf of those lives, please accept my heartfelt appreciation.

Finally, and perhaps most importantly, WOOOOOO-HOOOOOO!!!

Be well. Stay well.

Truvada as PEP = 4th of July Fireworks?
Diagnosed with Lyme Disease First, then HIV suspected