Medical Student in Sub-Saharan Africa Follow-up

Dear Dr. Bob,

A few days back, I wrote you regarding a project in Southern Africa and an emotional knee-jerk PEP use. Thank you for your previous response. I just wanted to let you know that I did not end up continuing the course of PEP for the negligible risk event that I described the other day. I took the initial pill, and had calmed down my anxieties, and was able to look at the situation logically a few hours later.

I did not have any fresh blood on my skin.

I did not have any bleeding cuts.

Therefore, I did not have any risk.

Thanks again.

A Canadian Who Cares

Hi.

Thanks for your thanks. I'm pleased you followed my advice. I remain convinced it is the correct course of action.

Be well.

Medical Student in Sub-Saharan Africa: The Work Continues Jul 2, 2011

GBS and HIV
Truvada as PEP = 4th of July Fireworks?