Can I get HIV from performing oral sex on a woman?
Jul 4, 2011
I am a woman who had my first experience with another woman and I perfromed only oral sex on her. Can I get HIV from this experience.
Response from Dr. Frascino
Cunnilingus carries an extremely low risk for HIV transmission/acquisition. See link below.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Groups Of People Are Affected By Genital Herpes?
- What Can I Do For My Immune System To Keep From Getting Shingles Again?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Shingles?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes Through Unprotected Sex?
- Vitamins To Help Fight Genital Warts
- Understanding Herpes Test Results
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.