The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

veiny arm and legs

Jul 4, 2011

Hi Bob, Although my Hiv Ab test is still negative after 8 months after I did a oral sex to a female sex worker , but my arms still look much skinnier than before and all the veins become visual clearly on my arms and legs, my cheeks look a bit dent, look like I got the lipoatrophy from Hiv ,why my Hiv test has not turn positive yet?my Heamatologist told me that I got auto immune problem due to I had high Nuclear Antibodies Titre 1280, does it causing the test to become positive later than normal ?At the moment I also feel cold at the arm, hand and legs ,is that because I loosing too much fat at arms and legs ,and are they parts of Hiv symptoms. Thanks a lots for your help answering my question.I am so worry and depress .

Response from Dr. Frascino


Oral sex carries only a very slight risk for HIV acquisition. Your negative HIV-antibody tests out to eight months are definitive, conclusive and WOO-HOO-able. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. No additional HIV tests are warranted. Autoimmune diseases do not delay HIV seroconversion.

Why are you so focused on HIV when you have overwhelming and irrefutable evidence you are not HIV infected? You do have some type of autoimmune problem. You should be focusing your attention on that very real problem, not on a nonexistent HIV infection!

Dr. Bob

Partner Lied about his Status
Can I get HIV from performing oral sex on a woman?

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint