Partner Lied about his Status

Dear Doctors,

On Monday, June 25th, at around 5 pm, I asked a guy from the internet (in Brooklyn NY) if he was HIV negative. He responded Yes. At around 5:30 pm, I asked again. Receiving the same answer, I disrobed. Note: I am HIV negative and thought he was, too.

The total time in bed was approximately 2 hours and most of the 2 hours, he was dripping in pre-cum (which fell onto the sheets). I never really played with the head of his cock. He sucked me off for a cumulative time of, maybe, 45 minutes during that time. About 5-6 minutes were devoted to rimming me (with his tongue deeply planted in my butt not just on the outside).

I never sucked on him. I never rimmed him. There was never any penetration.

After the fact, I got dressed. As he was getting dressed, I happened upon a bottle of Truvada with his name on the label. I was shattered and rushed out (7 pm).

By 10 am the next day, I was on 1 Truvada by mouth once per day and 2 Kaletra twice per day.

My doctor, dual board certified in internal medicine and infectious disease, indicated that hes never known anyone to seroconvert after the Truvada/Kaletra regimen.

My concerns:

1. I hate the idea of taking medications if theres no real reason. There is the occasional time that I see blood in my faecal matter (especially when it hurts coming out); 2. Im wondering if the saliva on his tongue would have been enough to give me his HIV; 3. Sometimes he wiped his own pre cum, but I dont know if he had pre cum on his fingers while he was spreading by cheeks open to rim me. If so, could that semen have infected me?

Without considering the occasionally bleeding butt, my risk factor is 0.00005 / 10,000, but Im concerned about the bleeding butt.

Sorry I cannot ask my doctor (specialist) these questions, because I lied in the consult to make myself a viable candidate for PEP.

Thanks,

Hi.

You lied to your doctor to make yourself a viable candidate for PEP and now that you're on Truvada and Kaletra you hate the idea of taking medications if they aren't warranted?!?!? Hmm. With your Internet buddy lying to you and you lying to your doctor it seems like there is way too much dishonesty going on in this scenario!

The HIV-acquisition risk from unprotected insertive oral sex and rimming (even with occasional butt bleeding) is extremely low. PEP is generally not encouraged for extremely low-risk situations, although it is sometimes offered based on extenuating circumstances.

My advice is that you level with your doctor. Don't worry; he won't get mad at you for embellishing your story. (This happens more frequently than you might imagine.) Once he has the real story he'll be able to accurately advise you if PEP should be continued or not.

Oral swab test vs. Oral blood test
veiny arm and legs