Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

I think its important question and it will help alot of people donation right away
Jul 4, 2011

hi dr bob. the most important question if you had expouser while you have cold or flu i mean while your immune system actully fighting an infection is it easyier to contract hiv? about my expouser i was working in the rain all the day and at the night i went to a club and had sex with a girl i dont know she asked me if i want to have sex with her we had first protected sex and unprotected oral sex she said that she had her period after that we tried to do it again and i asked her if she has another condom and she said no sorry and she seemed to have no problem having sex without a condom so i tried but i couldnt get an erecition i rubbed my pines for like 3 minutes out of her vagina she looks skinny i dont know why i think she has hiv any way after exatly 2 days i came down with flu i was sure it was from working in the rain especially that my coworker get it as well but i had sore throat that last for 2 weeks that doest freak me out any why after six weeks i felt like i coming down with fle i took anitibiotics and i didnt get flu but i had pain in the neck like swollen lymph node thats lasts for atleast a month and half and now its mild coming and going i had also like white bubbles between my cheeks and gums beside the upper teeth whe shriks right now do you think i contracted hiv and what about my symptoms ? when your immune system fighting an infection like cold or flu is it easyier to contract hiv i hope you can answer me this time i think this question will help a lot of people and the donation as well best regards :)

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi.

Having a cold or the flu does not increase your susceptibility to HIV. By the way, working in the rain all day doesn't increase your likelihood of contracting a cold or the flu either. (That's an old wive's tale.)

Dr. Bob

Previous
lymph nodes-resubmitted from Fatigue and Anemia Forum
Next
Oral swab test vs. Oral blood test

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.