to woo-hoo or not yet to woo-hoo (dr. bob need your response for my birthday, please)

Dear Doc Robert, I'm a male, 26y/o, lives in Philippines, here's my situation, last January 2010, I think I have a risky encounter with a girl of unknown HIV status. We did french kiss, 2 rounds of vaginal sex, 1st round with condom, 2nd without, she also gave me an unprotected oral sex. Question No. 1, is my HIV risk high, with this exposure?

Then also in January, I go to a doctor to diagnose my urine sample, he said there was no infection in my urine, meaning no STI? Question No. 2, do I need further STI test rather than urine sample only?

On April, I feel symptoms of like, mild recurring fever, headache, dry cough, mild diarrhea, my body weight also decreases, dry skin and joint pain in my knees. Then on last week of April(16 week from possible exposure) I decided to get an HIV-1&2 antibody test, after 20 minutes, we get the result and It's negative. Question No. 3, are those symptoms related to ARS? can a person with ARS immediately have a positive test result even within a month or 2? I did get a negative test, why did the nurse said to me to be back on the 6th month post exposure for another test?

I did go back to the clinic again on the 4th week of may(20 week from possible exposure), for another HIV-1&2 antibody test, because of my anxiety (google searching make me more anxious and nervous), came out to be negative again. But the nurse said again to me to be back on July for the 6th month post exposure test. Question No. 4, can anxiety cause physical symptoms like headache, diarrhea, muscle and joint pain, and dry mouth and throat? cause I'm experiencing those.

Also last May, I was diagnose with anemia and high cholesterol level, I'm taking medications for those. Question No. 5, can anemia and having a high cholesterol level and even taking medications for those can cause a delay or false result in an HIV-1&2 antibody test?

This June, I feel symptoms like a bit headache, joint pain in my knees, mild diarrhea, weight loss, dry cough , chest and back pain, and dry skin again. Question No. 6, is dry skin related to HIV/AIDS? and could this symptoms be like HIV or even early stage of AIDS? can people get full-blown AIDS thru unprotected sex this early?

And still there are symptoms and even recurring, but no swollen lymph nodes, and I notice my penis kinda look old. Question No. 7, why are those symptoms still there despite the negative results, is it still HIV or other sickness? why is my penis kinda look old? could, not masturbating for 2 months make a penis look kinda old?

And super last, are my test result woohooable or not or semi-woohooable, because I need to go back on July for the 6th month post exposure test, need your answers and advice Doc, a warm thank you from a super worried man. Thanks again Doc.

Hi, Super Worried Man.

OK, I'll respond but only because it's your birthday! I haven't answered previously because there are many similar questions already posted in the archives! Have a look!

1. Unprotected sex does place you at some degree of risk for STDs, including HIV. I would not rate your risk as "high."

2. No, additional STD tests would not be warranted unless very specific symptoms suggestive of an STD occurred. (Routine STD screening would also include a three-month HIV-antibody test.)

3. No. Your symptoms are not related to HIV ARS, because you tested HIV-antibody negative out to 20 weeks from the date of exposure. Additional HIV testing is not warranted.

4. Yes.

5. Nope.

6. No, because you don't have HIV/AIDS!

7. I can't diagnose the cause of your symptoms over the Internet. However, I can tell you what's not causing them: It's not HIV!

As for why your penis looks old, well, I'm not exactly sure what an old penis looks like! Not masturbating for two months could make you horny as hell but would't make your trouser snake age! Maybe your Mr. Happy looks bit unhappy and wrinkly because you haven't whacked-off for two months! Those wrinkles would go away if your allowed your one-eyed monster to stretch out and stand at attention!

"Super last" question: Yes. WOO-HOO!

Happy Birthday.

Toys with ladies - could you please check the risks ? (SEX WITH FRUITS AND VEGETABLES, 2011)
Strong immune system and hiv