Could really use some reassurance Dr. F!!!!!

Hi Dr. F.,

First off I wanted to thank you and congratulate you for all the work that you do! I recently engaged in protected hetero sex with a woman of unknown status. However, earlier that day (12-15 hrs before) I popped a pimple that did bleed. Is it at all possible to contract HIV via that opening if we engaged in deep kissing? I noticed in the shower following the act that the scab that formed earlier that day was gone, but it didn't seem to be bleeding or weeping any fluid at all. It's just been on my mind and bothering me. Does this activity warrant an HIV test? I know that a kiss is a kiss, but is that the case if you have a cut on your lip and it's open? I dont know if it was open or not. As far as I know it wasn't bleeding, but then again I'm not sure. Forgive me for my repeated questions, but I was just looking for some reassurance as to whether or not that was considered risky behavior and whether it warranted an HIV test. I'm in a relationship with someone now and want to responsible and moral in that relationship with her. Once again, thank you so much for all that you do!!!

Hi.

As I've often stated in this forum, "you must remember this, a kiss is just a kiss, as time goes by, even with a popped pimple." OK, I just made up that last part of the lyric, but it's true nonetheless. HIV testing is not warranted.

Hashimotos or Graves disease and propylthiouracil effect HIV results?
does hyperglycemia cause delayed seroconversion